Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is normally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heating or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to increase, so do your energy charges. Here are some tips for saving energy in Oklahoma City and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Call for Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system an annual tune-up can help it run more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy costs down.
If your HVAC equipment has had better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving features in modern cooling systems is a definite advantage for keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and inside temperatures, the smaller your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or shut it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty residence.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can try a few other methods to help keep your residence comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan move counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This moves cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your routine and correct the temp when you’re out to help you save money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert ideas will all help keep summer energy bills down. If you decide it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 405-432-2197 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the correct fit for your space. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.