Spring is nice for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open windows for outdoor air and your energy bill is normally at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heat or air.
But as temps begin to increase, so do your energy costs. Here are a few tips for saving energy in Oklahoma City and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Call for Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your cooling system a yearly maintenance visit can help it work more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy costs down.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a good time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in modern cooling systems is a definite advantage for keeping your energy charges down.
2. Start with Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on HVAC charges. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Understanding how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think about it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the smaller your home comfort bill will be.
- When you’re not at home, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or turn it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can take advantage of a few other approaches to help keep your residence cool:
- Use a ceiling fan—By turning on a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which drives cool air upward. This distributes cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly changes into heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Look Into Installing a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats figure out your schedule and correct the temp when you’re out and about to help you save money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These pro ideas will all help keep summer energy charges down. If you decide it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 405-432-2197 or contact us online. We’ll help you select the correct product for your space. And as usual, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.