Booking yearly AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning unit in Oklahoma City running at its best performance while keeping electricity needs low. It also can even help prolong its life span.
While there are a couple jobs you can finish on your own, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Gordon's Service Experts, for AC inspections and maintenance.
Here are a couple steps you can take alone as you get ready for warm weather.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that entails a big portion of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to put AC maintenance on that list.
Spring is the perfect time to get your air conditioning equipment freshened and checked out. Hesitating to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you need service or installation, you could be waiting a long time for an appointment. And that could get extremely unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being one step ahead with a freshened air conditioning system will help provide the finest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning upkeep may be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Service Alone?
There are steps that you can take to help keep your cooling system in the prime order:
- Put in a new air filter. Dirty filters restrict airflow and may reduce your system’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially important if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn work near the outdoor condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes by your cooling equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also clear any leaves or branches that have dropped into your system, as this might limit airflow.
Let the Pros Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Gordon's Service Experts at 405-432-2197, the first thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your unit and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to deliver reliable comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially skip malfunctions.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to avoid limited airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to remove any accumulation from soil and grass.
- Examining controls to make sure your system is starting, operating and turning off like it should.
- Assessing the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover troubles that require extra service, we are set to offer you the most reasonable option. Uncovering potential troubles in a timely manner might solve more expensive problems later. This also provides you time to strategize if your air conditioner is aging.
When you are seeking an updated air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to select the right solution for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit fit your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can feel good knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your tune-up? Call us at 405-432-2197 or schedule an appointment online now.