Booking regular AC maintenance is worthwhile.
Maintenance keeps your air conditioning unit in Oklahoma City running at its best performance while keeping electricity needs low. It also can even help lengthen its life span.
While there are several things you can finish on your own, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Gordon's Service Experts, for AC inspections and service.
Here are a couple steps you can take by yourself as you get ready for summer.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that involves a big portion of indoors, garage and yard cleaning. With the warmer temps right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to put AC upkeep on that list.
Spring is the perfect time to get your cooling unit freshened and checked out. Delaying to turn it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be risky. If you need a fix or installation, you could be waiting days for an appointment. And that could get awfully unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being one step ahead with a fresh air conditioning system will help assure the greatest indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, AC service may be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance on My Own?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your cooling system in the prime order:
- Change your air filter. Dirty filters limit airflow and may reduce your system’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially important if you deal with allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn work near the exterior condenser. Check there’s no grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling system. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have collected inside your system, since this can limit airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you ring Gordon's Service Experts at 405-432-2197, the first thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already completed. Then we’ll get down to the nuts and bolts. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to provide reliable cooling.
- Oiling to keep moving parts working smoothly and potentially skip malfunctions.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Straightening coil fins to avoid reduced airflow.
- Freshening the exterior coil to remove any accumulation from soil and weeds.
- Examining controls to make sure your system is starting, cooling and turning off correctly.
- Checking the operating temperature parameters to ensure your equipment has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that require extra work, we are set to provide you the most reasonable option. Uncovering potential troubles in a timely manner might solve more expensive problems down the road. This also offers you time to strategize if your air conditioner is aging.
When you are seeking a modern air conditioner, our Experts will partner with you to select the right equipment for your home. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to schedule your tune-up? Contact us at 405-432-2197 or schedule an appointment online now.