There are tons of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Oklahoma City. But, there’s also that big list of must-do’s before the cold weather arrives. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are probably at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor thing you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The team at Gordon's Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually in order to prevent a breakdown in the peak of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a host of benefits to getting it completed before the cold and crisp weather sets in in Oklahoma City, too. Take a look at some of the top perks of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make certain that your furnace runs at its highest efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in peak shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Oklahoma City this season.
- Reduces the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to take place on a chilly winter day is have your furnace go out, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to identify potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to produce heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are critical to keeping your home safe through the heating season.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if bigger problems occur down the road.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a ton of additional perks, and getting furnace service performed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the winter and save you time later because you’re less likely to need additional service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Gordon's Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Oklahoma City, give us a call at or schedule an appointment with Gordon's Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning through our online scheduler.