It’s cold outside. Most of the country is layering up for some below freezing weather. And while the Experts are always eager to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water faucets.
- Make sure you insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up cabinets under sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those home heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick once-over.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot cider. And, as always, Gordon's is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.