No matter what the temperature outside in Oklahoma City, the temperature inside your home influences how comfortable it will seem. Set it just right and your house will be a nice escape from it all. But if your HVAC system isn’t operating the right way, you’ll notice. And it won’t be pleasant.
Get ready for a thorough look at how you’re utilizing your HVAC equipment. It might make the difference between a stable system or a pathetic performer. Try this short quiz from Gordon's Service Experts to find out more.
- Hotter days are almost here in Oklahoma City. How do you prep your system?
- Swap out the HVAC filter and dust the vents. Then it’s ready.
- Make an appointment with the professionals for a seasonal tune-up.
- Nothing at all. It will probably be fine.
- You’re planning a party on a summer night, but the AC isn’t doing anything. What’s your solution?
- Instruct my attendees to bring chilled beverages.
- Call for an emergency repair to get it working before the party starts.
- Start my fans and hope for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What’s your plan when it’s time for it to retire?
- Allow my contractor to select one and pay for it with a credit card.
- Get rid of worries and charges by selecting a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the fanciest system currently available in Oklahoma City.
- When you receive your next monthly utility bill, what do you think you’ll discover?
- It will cost more. My home comfort costs have increased quite a bit.
- It will be comparable to the cost for the same month last year.
- I can’t know for certain until I open it. Some months aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your home comfort system is making a weird noise. What do you do first?
- Get my toolbox and spend a weekend attempting to fix it.
- Schedule a professional technician to take a look.
- Ignore it and wait until it goes away.
Time to check your results. If you answered mostly Bs, your heating and cooling tendencies are right on track. You’re taking care of your system and you have a plan for down the road. But if you responded to any of these questions with As or Cs, you can make a number of changes to help your HVAC perform better. Read below to find out how.
Useful HVAC Habits to Help Out Your Wallet
Book Seasonal Maintenance While switching out your air filter and sprucing up your vents are essential tasks to prepare your equipment for a new season, a professional tune-up is helpful to wrap up the process. During a maintenance visit, your pro technician will complete a series of tasks that advance the energy efficiency of your HVAC. And while they’re around the house, your HVAC service professional will look out for more severe problems for your equipment. That could save you a pricey breakdown in the future.
Choose a heating and cooling company that offers emergency repairs. Even meticulously maintained home comfort systems can have problems occasionally. And it always seems to hit at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can save you the headache and discomfort. The Service Experts Advantage Program provides that vital service to homes at no added cost.
Make a plan for your HVAC system replacement. Well-maintained heating and cooling systems can last for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Build a plan now to bypass last-minute pressure when your system takes its ultimate bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It brings you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. Even better, the program includes free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy costs and call us when they greatly change. Your energy bills can tell you more than your monthly charges. If you’re seeing a stable increase in your expenses but no variation in home comfort, something is likely occurring with your equipment. An updated high-efficiency system can provide you peace of mind with more constant energy usage—and that means fewer shocks on your bill.
Take action when you notice a strange noise from your heating and cooling system. That noise is more than irritating. It illustrates something is wrong with your HVAC. Even if it’s a relatively small issue, left unchecked it could make for a pricey repair down the road. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the pros to figure out and set it right.
Your HVAC can cost you quite a bit when you don’t manage it. If you work with these tips, you could save time, added costs and disappointment. And if your equipment just isn’t helping anymore, contemplate choosing one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can get you a new energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To discover more, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to help!