Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your AC unit quits out of the blue. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for a service technician to arrive. What a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But what are the signs that it’s time for a tune-up? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have a problem? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the answer to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC specialists strongly suggest servicing it no less than once a year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit remains in optimal condition, preventing potential concerns and increasing its life span.
As for what time to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best season. This makes it possible for you to fix growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioner runs smoothly during the hot summer months.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you didn't have time to schedule AC service, don’t wait until next year. When it comes to making the most out of cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An air conditioning tune-up is a thorough process involving several steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not advisable. Here are some key aspects of the work conducted during a routine service call:
- Thorough inspection: The technician carefully looks through your air conditioning unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other hardware to make certain your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and counter wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter improves air quality and helps the unit run in a more efficient manner. HVAC professionals recommend doing this yourself every one or two months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many individuals question if routine maintenance is worth the effort. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less power to keep your home cool, resulting in lower utility expenses and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician thoroughly inspects your HVAC system every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Increased air quality: A clean AC system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car last longer, routine AC service extends the life of your AC, saving you on untimely replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility charges, sudden repairs or system replacements.
To increase your savings, think about enrolling in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll reduce the risk of breakdowns and increase energy efficiency for continuous savings. Choose from three different plans to suit your needs and spending plan. You’ll enjoy several advantages no matter which one you choose, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include yearly AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your assurance, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for a year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, routine AC maintenance is essential for increasing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule an annual visit, ideally in the spring, to avoid breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts is clearly the top choice, with certified professionals, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a commitment to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable all year long. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.