Summer is typically a busy time of year for many folks in Oklahoma City. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Oklahoma City heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Oklahoma City heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Gordon's Service Experts a call at 405-432-2197 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its peak in the Oklahoma City heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a break as it can also be an early indicator of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be held earlier or later in the day when the Oklahoma City temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in high temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than typical. It can help you cool down a little faster so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.