Summer is usually a crazy time of year for many folks in Oklahoma City. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Oklahoma City heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs long before summer came, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Oklahoma City heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you do not have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Gordon's Service Experts a call at 405-432-2197 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Oklahoma City heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't consider yourself thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a break as it can also be an early indicator of dehydration or a separate heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when planning outdoor activities. Any sort of workout or athletic practices should be done earlier or later in the day when the Oklahoma City temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best choice.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than typical. It can help you cool down a little sooner so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.