Air conditioners don’t run forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Oklahoma City, you may be wondering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to think about, as well as the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking Over Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can probably wait.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed upgrades. This conserves energy and increases comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to realize the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the proper amount of air to keep your house comfortable. An updated air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Gordon's Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the right suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t often any large imminent drawbacks. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system fails. You can skip the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your home comfier and reducing your yearly energy expenses.
- Reduced HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at once. And you could even be authorized for an exclusive deal since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Gordon's Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your entire system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special coupons or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one small monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 405-432-2197 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.