Air conditioners don’t run forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Oklahoma City, you could be wondering—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to think about, as well as the perks of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is over a 15 years old, we suggest replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can usually wait.
- What type of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and increases comfort by operating at multiple speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to realize the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your house comfortable. A modern air conditioner may call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s crucial your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Gordon's Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and make the right advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you replace both components together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any large immediate consequences. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system fails. You can skip the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at peak efficiency, making your home cozier and decreasing your long-term energy expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may stop working for good. In the meantime, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both installed at the same time. And you may even be authorized for an exclusive deal since you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, turn to Gordon's Service Experts. We realize the price of replacing your complete system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and merely one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs later on are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to ensure a job well done. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 405-432-2197 to get an HVAC installation estimate today!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.