When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it could still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people don't like the taste of contaminated tap water and understand the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to make sure they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to protect your family’s well-being, you may first consider going the bottled water route. But of course, this gets costly almost immediately. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, causing harm to the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It can also supply healthier water more easily because you can get it straight from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to maximize the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before setting up a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your water supply and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can clear out unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Gordon's Service Experts to help you find and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but a few of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG records show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that lawful water quality levels may not be necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter filters out dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the advantages of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of sediment in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can accumulate in the water main following severe storms. While generally harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to clear out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. Unfortunately, this disinfectant creates harmful chemical byproducts when it meets naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Some DPBs, like trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax eliminates these carcinogens to protect your family.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Guaranteeing safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lasting metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Harmful chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin during a shower and adhere to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it ensures clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems raise your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that healthy water doesn’t have to include higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s setup, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to accommodate your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a long, long time..
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Gordon's Service Experts, we install multiple types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, such as the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re trying to scale back water hardness, eliminate bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the ideal solution for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and bolstered with our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Gordon's Service Experts office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.