Your HVAC system is essential to a comfortable home and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, regulating the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your AC has ever broken down on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with urgent repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if you had a way to ensure a constant supply of clean, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like receiving an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system running at its best. And to get the maximum from each maintenance visit, you should think about applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This contract is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Participation takes the uncertainty out of HVAC service by delivering routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled appointments and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to schedule tune-ups with Gordon's Service Experts, but we highly encourage enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about setting up furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll get consistent reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, consider these benefits:
- Expose smaller problems right away: Issues with your heating and cooling often develop little by little. When a technician inspects the internal components once a year, it’s possible to pinpoint and fix small problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Decrease the risk of unexpected shutdowns: By fixing that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance call, the risk of an unexpected breakdown diminishes.
- Saving on repair costs: Scheduled HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected cost that reduces the need for numerous major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can boost HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, lowering your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Encourage home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity in your home.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can last years longer versus a neglected one, saving you on early replacement expenses.
- Guarantee safety: An equipment and safety evaluation during each visit offers peace of mind that your HVAC system is working like it's supposed to.
- Adhere to your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate annual tune-ups to keep your warranty valid. Investing a little in upkeep now safeguards you from expensive repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you call to request an emergency repair. You can usually count on same-day service—even for nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your heating and cooling system? An HVAC maintenance plan grants access to the most rapid installs available, even during the most hectic weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance decreases the need for repair calls, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement grants a 15% discount. You’ll also enjoy 15% off indoor air quality products, including pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
HVAC repairs are occasionally inevitable, but they can get expensive fast. Fortunately, with an HVAC membership, you’ll never be expected to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour service calls.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you disappointed, your technician will return to correct things.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Gordon's Service Experts offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Check out what each plan provides and contact our staff to help you choose the optimum plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before registering. For more information about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to ask for a tune-up, please contact your local Gordon's Service Experts office today.