Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by partial fuel combustion usually caused by a lack of oxygen. In your home, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not operating properly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from attached garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces could also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is dangerous to the body and is lethal at heightened levels or with extended exposure.