According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety, more than 50 percent of drain system failures are a result of sewer backups. The estimated cost due to sewer drain overflows or corroded drain pipes and loose connections is $4,400. Gordon's Service Experts can help by ensuring you have a backflow assembly as a safeguard to prevent sewer backups. Plenty of homeowners in Oklahoma City don’t realize they are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the pipeline between their city’s sanitary sewer main and their home, called the “sewer lateral.” At Gordon's Service Experts, our plumbers and technicians have the skills, training and aptitude to take care of everything and anything related to sewer service and sewer inspection.
Typical Causes of Sewer Backup
- Blockages in the city’s sanitary main
- Tree roots that grow into sewer lines
No matter what is causing your sewer to fail or clog, make sure to ring us at 405-432-2197
as soon as you notice a problem to evade as much, maybe pricey, damage to your living space and plumbing structure as possible.
How to Prevent a Sewer Line Backup
- Be sure you are disposing of garbage the right way.
- Pouring grease down your drain will create a buildup in the line and become a clog.
- Disposing of any paper products except toilet paper (including feminine products and paper towels) in the toilet can cause a backup.
- Have Gordon's Service Experts install and maintain a backwater prevention valve to prevent sewer backflows.
- Ask Gordon's Service Experts to investigate for illegal plumbing connections and fix them if identified. It is illegal to connect French drains, sump pumps and other flood-control systems to your sanitary sewer. Not only that, but it will eventually clog your line with debris and silt.
- To prevent tree roots from damaging your lines, have your line and tap replaced with plastic pipe.
Call Gordon's Service Experts today at 405-432-2197
or request an appointment online and let us do the dirty work of sewer services for you. We offer quality equipment choices, knowledge and expert service for all your plumbing needs 24/7/365.