Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Oklahoma City
You likely don’t think about your sump pump until it rains hard. Then you hope it’s draining correctly so your Oklahoma City basement doesn’t flood.
Sump pumps can cease working for a couple of various reasons.
We’ve seen it all. If your pump isn’t draining correctly, contact the Experts at Gordon's Service Experts to fix the problem.
We’ll examine your pump during our visit and offer preventive maintenance suggestions, so it won’t quit when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit working for a couple of different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Insufficient maintenance
- Wrong unit size
- Incorrect installation
- Switch problems
- Frosted over or clogged discharge lines
- Age (average expectancy is 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few quick things you can do to make sure your sump pump is set up for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Confirm the pump is straight and not tipping to one side, since this can trigger the pump to not turn on when needed.
- If it’s been awhile since the pump has run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and drains the water quickly.
- During dry weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Confirm the discharge pipe’s vent hole isn’t plugged.
Trust Gordon's Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of insurance to defend your home from water damage, look to the specialists at Gordon's Service Experts to verify yours is doing its job.
We’ve got the knowledge—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are supported by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Contact us at 405-432-2197 or request an appointment online.