Your sump pump is one of those systems you may not consider until you need it—then you cross your fingers it’s working as it should. The good news is that the experts at Gordon's Service Experts are here to help whether you decide on new sump pump installation, repair or replacement for your Oklahoma City home.
Sump pumps can fail for several of different reasons and we’ve likely witnessed it all. So, when your sump pump starts acting strange, give Gordon's Service Experts a call to schedule a visit and investigate your issue.
During our visit, we can give you with a few preventive maintenance tips to help guarantee your sump pump doesn’t leave you high and dry (or actually, quite the contrary) when you need it most. Our team will examine your sump pump for appropriate operation and if we see any clue of a possible problem, we’ll alert you immediately and go over your options.
It is crucial to take note there are a few simple things that you can do to be confident you have your sump pump set up for success:
- Check the pump is plugged in to a ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet in case of power surges.
- Ensure the cord is in good shape.
- Be sure the pump is upright and not tilting to one side as it can cause the sump pump to not activate when needed.
- If it’s been some time since your sump pump has run, pour a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and the water drains quickly.
- When it’s going to be dry, pull out the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom as it can pull small stones into the grate over time.
- Make sure the vent hole in the discharge pipe is clear.
Because your sump pump is really a type of insurance to protect your house and your belongings from what can be distressing water damage, look to the experts at Gordon's Service Experts to help ensure yours is doing its job. We’ve got the experience and expertise you need, whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Give us a call at 405-432-2197
or request an appointment online.